SunGate Solar is the leading solar design, installation, and service company in South Sudan. SunGate Solar has been operating throughout South Sudan since 2013 and has sold and installed over 500 kW of solar energy systems. SunGate Solar is expanding to also be the first developer, implementer, and operator of solar micro-grids in South Sudan. We are looking for a Micro-grid Project Manager to join our team.
The Micro-grid Project Manager (MPM), in collaboration with project partners, will handle all stages of feasibility assessment, development, and implementation. The MPM will be responsible for managing the schedule and budget of micro-grid projects, including planning, staffing, logistics, construction and installation, and safety, ensuring that every project meets the milestone and deliverable expectations agreed upon for project success. In addition to specific project responsibilities, the MPM will lead the assessment of additional sites to determine potential and readiness for micro-grid development and expansion.
The position requires extensive travel to locations in South Sudan where SunGate has existing or plans future business operations. Some international travel may be required for partner and vendor coordination and management.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the relationship with one or more international EPC partners.
- Interface with partner(s) on installation planning and coordination of activities, including civil works, distribution, and logistics.
- Developing project schedules, budgets, and resources in collaboration with the involved partners, as well as the SunGate team.
- Direct work crews installing solar photovoltaic systems and distribution systems.
- Assess potential solar installation sites to determine feasibility and design requirements.
- Support senior management in analyzing EPC/Supplier tender submittals.
- Support senior management in negotiation of key contracts.
- Monitor work of employees, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards for solar installations and safety.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
- 2+ years solar project management experience
- Solid understanding of Project Management Process
- Written and spoken fluency in English; very strong writing skills required
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and ACAD software
- Ability to problem solve personnel and project issues
To apply for this position, please fill in and submit the form below. Be sure to upload a copy of your resume / CV. Please paste your cover letter in the field provided and describe:
- Why you are a good fit for this position.
- Your date of availability.
- Desired salary range.
- Current work situation.
- Type the names and contact information for 2-3 professional references in the field provided.