SunGate Solar is the leading solar design, installation, and service company in South Sudan. SunGate Solar has been operating throughout South Sudan since 2013 and has sold and installed over 500 kW of solar energy systems. SunGate Solar is expanding to also be the first developer, implementer, and operator of solar micro-grids in South Sudan.
We are looking for a skilled, accountable, and motivated Operations Manager to join us. The ideal candidate will have COO potential who, as a trusted and responsive partner to our CEO, can help lead the strategic and day-to-day management of our Company’s operations.
The candidate we seek will perform a critical oversight function for SunGate Solar. You will monitor operations throughout the Company and look for ways to increase productivity and lower costs. You will be in direct contact with other managers within the company, working with them to create practices to improve workflows and minimize points of friction. You will lead all levels of our organization to be efficient, productive, and effective in performing their assigned duties.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process improvement
- Develop business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Directly oversee customer support / service, operations, logistics, and HR
- Partner with the CEO on sales management to achieve growth targets
- Monitor performance and establish corrective measures as needed
- Prepare detailed reports for current and future performance of the Company
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Assess and analyze departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
- Inspire and motivate employees to perform at their best
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in senior management positions
- Leadership effectiveness with employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes and principles to assess the company’s earnings and spending and find areas for improvement
- Ability and willingness to serve as deputy to the CEO
- Diagnostic acumen to identify and mitigate problems quickly, with foresight into potential issues