SunGate Solar is the leading solar design, installation, and service company in South Sudan. SunGate Solar has been operating throughout South Sudan since 2013 and has sold and installed over 500 kW of solar energy systems. SunGate Solar is expanding to also be the first developer, implementer, and operator of solar micro-grids in South Sudan. We are looking for a Stakeholder Engagement Manager (SEM) to join our team.
The candidate will support and coordinate external engagement and relationship success with a cross-section of stakeholders, including customers, government entities, partners, and others key to the success of our projects and our company. We are looking for a skilled, accountable, and motivated individual to oversee building and maintaining positive and lasting relationships with Clients, Communities, and Governments related to mini-grid development and operations.
The SEM will play a critical role in supporting the mission of SunGate Solar by identifying potential mini-grid sites and finding potential customers. You will be responsible for marketing micro-grids to potential customers through village meetings and individual conversations and collecting applications from all potential customers.
This position will be located in our Wau office, with extensive travel required to support stakeholders in every state and major town in South Sudan. Some international travel may be required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute stakeholder engagement strategy, plans, and commitments, including identifying stakeholder risks and opportunities.
- Interact with government officials to obtain all necessary permits, letters of introduction, and licenses from regional and district offices needed to conduct work at current or prospective micro-grid sites.
- Conduct stakeholder and site surveys for one or multiple opportunity locations and system sizes, including micro-grid sites and proposals.
- Complete customer applications to find potential customers and other information needed for micro-grid installations.
- Communicate effectively with community groups and members to explain the micro-grid concept, obtain land lease agreements, and ensure positive community relationships for micro-grid sites.
- Supervise and train others involved in conducting surveys.
- Provide post-installation customer service to SunGate Solar customers.
- Document and tabulate survey and application results.
- Help tailor SunGate solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Coordinate and manage stakeholder interactions and support.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BSc/BA in Business, Business Administration, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- More than 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM/project management software.
Previous Work Experience Considered
- Designing and maintaining outreach and survey databases.
- Supporting business development opportunities and process.
- Cultivating relationships across diverse communities.
- Serving as a reliable point of contact for individual, commercial, NGO, and government stakeholders at all levels whose feedback is essential to our projects.
- Reflecting and adhering to company values.
- Recruiting, screening, and training.
- Community engagement services and initiatives.
- Rollout of new product and service lines of business.
- Experience engaging with large and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Background in sales and customer service and support is a plus.
- Experience supporting renewable energy projects or other large infrastructure projects.
Other Success Factors and Personal Qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and gender backgrounds.
- Ability to successfully navigate challenging conversations among diverse groups and build consensus.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations and training sessions.
- Sharp business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Enthusiastic about engaging with people
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
To apply for this position, please fill in and submit the form below. Be sure to upload a copy of your resume / CV. Please paste your cover letter in the field provided and describe:
- Why you are a good fit for this position.
- Your date of availability.
- Desired salary range.
- Current work situation.
- Type the names and contact information for 2-3 professional references in the field provided.